Senior LARAVEL DEVELOPER - Remote Working
WHO WE ARE
The Cloud Apps Team is a group of highly skilled developers. We sit inside the Architecture, Engineering, and Development team at Fortune 100 pharmaceutical company. We are a dedicated and ambitious team with a history of delivering disruptive innovation. We are known for solving complex problems quickly and effectively. We embrace lean development methodologies. We bring cautiousness and stability to our work. We are honest, hardworking, and passionate. We pride ourselves in being able to learn and grow. We are professionals who respect and honor the significance of what we do; our work has the potential to change lives.
Our aim is to build a long term, stable and top-quality team. We do this by following the maxim “do unto others as you’d want done to you”. We pay well based on experience and market rates, we always try to extend contracts (why waste all that investment and let people walk away?) and we encourage good work-life balance. We find that if expectations are clear on both sides up front then everyone is happy.
As a result of our culture and the work we get to do, the team has grown rapidly since 2013 and now hails from 11 countries and 10 timezones. We love what we do and get to work with some amazing colleagues. We offer challenging and interesting work at market leading rates. We make careers, as well as awesome digital applications.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a full-time Senior Laravel Developer to join our team as a contractor. This is a long-term engagement with opportunities for advancement.
A successful candidate will have deep experience architecting applications, innovating and iterating on ideas, and working closely with Product Owners to deliver practical, performant, and disruptive solutions to complex business problems.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, ambitious, and organized team player who is capable of managing themselves and working closely with a small team of like minded individuals. Problem solving and critical thinking are paramount
- 5+ years experience with professional PHP development.
- 3+ years experience with professional Laravel development.
- 3+ years experience with Object Oriented Programming.
- 3+ years experience with advanced application design & architecture.
- Exceptional written and spoken English.
- Experience using Agile and Lean methodologies and principles.
- Experience writing automated tests (Dusk, Behat, PHPUnit, etc)
- Experience with Elasticsearch is a bonus.
- Exceptional troubleshooting / problem solving skills. Can come up with reasonable, thoughtful, and practical solutions to technical problems.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Can manage risk and take on business critical responsibilities.
- Able to visualize and architect systems and/or system components along the full technology stack. This includes identifying and understanding business logic and converting that into actionable technical tasks. This also includes creating system documentation and diagrams as necessary.
- Advanced/Expert level understanding of data storage, data structure, and API design.
- Consistently finds a nice balance between simplicity, business value, and technical purity.
- Helps to keep ongoing projects clean and organized. Helps with project planning and work estimation.
- Double checks their work to ensure it is of high quality, works properly, and meets the requirements of the task.
- Ability to identify visual differences between design and implementation. Has a design eye and is able to envision and realize new elements on existing design that turn out just as strong or stronger than the original design.
- Is personally invested in their own career growth and professional development/advancement. Enjoys learning for the sake of learning.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and answers to the following questions via email with the title as “<your name> - Canvas” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tell us about your Laravel experience. How deep is your knowledge and understanding of Laravel?
- Do you have at least 3 years of professional experience using Laravel?
- How do you go about breaking business requirements down into technical tasks? Can you explain your thinking / process?
- Have you worked in a Senior or Lead developer role on a team? How do you prefer to work on a team?
- What motivates you in your work?
- What is your timezone?
- What is your salary expectation?
We look forward to meeting you!